Saturday, June 30, 2012

Photographs are powerful things. There are those images that make me angry at my world. They make me want to do something, take a stand, vote. So I do. Then there are those that make me laugh so hard I almost....well... you know. Those will end up being posted on my Facebook page. Some photos can move you to tears. Maybe because of the beauty they possess or maybe because of a memory they hold. However you look at it, what we see affects us-good, bad or indifferent. I guess that's why I'm usually the one taking the pictures.  

Like most of us, I don't always like what I see when someone takes my picture. That's not me! Really? It must have been a bad day.  What ever the excuse may be none us want to look at ourselves though the sometimes harsh reality of a simple photograph. Why? What am I afraid of? Will I find some flaw that no one else has seen? What does that picture really represent anyway? Is it me? Is it my heart, my soul, my mind? No. It is nothing more that a mere shadow of a moment that no longer exists. That moment is gone. That is what the world sees when they glance over at me as they walk by. Hmmmm. Is there any wonder they go by without stopping? That reflection, that shadow is not who I am. It can not stand up and tell you a story, or laugh at your jokes, or comfort your tears. You need me for that. That "me" in that picture is not the "me" that writes this now.  


Pictures? Bring them on. I rejoice in them. Let the shadow fall where it will do the most good.

No comments:

Post a Comment