Friday, July 27, 2012

Green Coffee


I caught a clip of the Dr. Oz Show while I was surfing around the web yesterday, and was stunned to find that there is a new miracle pill to save all of us who struggle with our weight. Now all we have to do is take this pill every day and the weight will just go away. No exercise required. No need to change our diet. All we need to do is take these pills and watch the pounds disappear...

Seriously people - haven’t we been down this road before? There are no miracle pills; it is not possible to have a permanent and significant weight loss without exercise and reduction in calorie intake. It really is that simple and, unfortunately, that difficult. I wish that this pill were around - but it isn’t.

When I was a kid, I would watch those science fiction shows on TV, imagining that they had cured “fat” by then. I figured that if they could handle warp speed and beam people up, they could do away with excess body fat. At least for women, that is - you still had those occasional Harry Mudd characters that would pop up every now and then. I guess that was to keep it real.

Maybe there will be a sci-fi future for us someday. Scientists are making breakthroughs every day. I expect that they will find many ways to help us in the future. As for now... I’m going to continue doing what I know I need to do. Making the choices I need to make. Living the life I want to live. Does the green coffee bean help you lose weight? I don’t know. It would be cool if it did.  For now, that is a question yet to be answered. What I do know is ... there are no magic miracle pills.

1 comment: