Thursday, July 12, 2012

Yikes! Part 1


If you let regret get a hold it will never let go. I know that, you know that, everybody knows that, rights? So why do I feel so guilty about eating WAY TOO MANY calories yesterday? I was celebrating. I should not be beating myself up over this. I splurged, true, but it’s not like I do that every day. No, only on special occasions like anniversaries, birthdays, and weddings.... and pot lucks at church... and date nights..... and-oh, you get the idea.

Thus My Problem. I’ve am predictable, complacent, stubborn. It’s at times like this that I have to stop and step out of the “Old Me” that I’ve become so comfortable with and, with a lot of kicking and screaming, push the “New Me” out. Come on man, how many times does someone have to say, “If you want different results, do something different?” before it sinks in. It shouldn’t be that hard of a concept to grasp really. Should it? After all, it’s common sense. So why do most of us ignore common sense and keep trying to make past failures into successes?

Okay, this is where this gets tricky. One reason is because man is the only animal that believes in luck. Seriously, have you every seen a rabbit with a lucky human foot or a black cat worry about crossing it’s own path? I thought not. No, we humans, believe that we have this thing called luck and that this time, if we do everything just right, and pee before weight-ins all will be well with the world and the pound will melt away. Part of that is correct, life is a gamble. You gamble every time you get behind the wheel of your car. The point is the gamble or the luck the point is the bet. What are you willing to bet? A bet will cost you something and the more you bet the more you win........... or lose.  One way or the other you won’t win if you don’t bet. You won’t lose either, you’ll just sit there...right were you are.... unchanged.....stagnant.......


read more tomorrow............                   

No comments:

Post a Comment